Medical Education Department
The Medical Education Department
The Medical Education Department is the educational resource center for Dental College teachers and students.
The Medical Education Unit of Sapporo Dental College & Hospital comprises of:
- Chairman, Prof. Dr. Mohiuddin Ahmed,
- Secretary, Prof. Dr. Asad-Uz-Zaman, Principal
- Coordinator: Assistant Professor Dr. Sumi Gazi, Medical Education Department
Prof. Dr. Syed Mahmudur Rahman,
Prof. Dr. ABM Omar Faruque,
Prof. Dr. Sufia Nasrin Rita,
Professor Dr. Mohammad Tawfique Hossain Chowdhury,
Associate Professor Dr. Taslima
Faculty development encompasses all activities related to the induction, training and further development of faculty members, so as to optimize their effectiveness as teachers, trainers and leaders in education.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a combination of approaches, ideas and techniques that will help teachers in Dental colleges to manage their own learning and growth. The focus of CPD is firmly on results – the benefits that professional development can bring in the real world.
It is a way of planning the development that links learning directly to practice. CPD helps to keep skills and knowledge up to date and prepare for greater responsibilities.
How is it done?
The Medical Education Department supervises and coordinates the following for the faculty:
1. Faculty development by holding Seminars, Workshops and Conferences,
2. Curriculum development (UG and PG),
3. Updating & implementation of latest guidelines for UG and PG examinations,
4. Coordinates & facilitates faculty activities, and
5. Supervises and coordinates overall educational & research development of the Institute.