The admission procedure in BDS course is as per Govt. rules which are subject to change according to the Government admission policy for Medical and Dental students. Students who secured pass mark, set by Government, will be eligible for admission.
After Govt. announcement of the eligible candidates, admission form will be available from the college office. Information about admission will also be available from college website: www.sdch.edu.bd
- Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/ ‘A’ level) or equivalent examination.
• SSC/ ‘O’ or equivalent examination (Class 10) passed
• HSC/ ‘A’ or equivalent examination passed
• Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent (Class 12) : 9.00 (Nine)
• Minimum GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent: 3.0
• Minimum GP in biology: 3.5
• For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/ ‘O’ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects) ÷ 5
• For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/ ‘A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA. Qualifying grade in each subject individually is “C”. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects) ÷ 3
ADMISSION GUIDELINE FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS:
- All certificates must be duly attested by the Education Ministry of the respective country and also be authenticated by the respective Bangladesh Missions abroad/Foreign Missions based in Dhaka. Applications must reach the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dhaka through Bangladesh Missions in aboard.
- Successful applicants will require producing all academic certificates and mark sheets/ transcripts in original along with duly filled application form (available in respective Bangladesh Missions abroad/Foreign Missions based in Dhaka) during their admission.
Scholarships and Stipends
1) Students securing top three merit positions in University Professional Examination, enjoys full tuition waiver and securing merit position up-to ten enjoys fifty percent tuition waiver for one year.
2) Full waivers are given to the meritorious and poor students after evaluation through the assigned committee as per Govt. rules.
3) Besides college authority considers application from deserving students for necessary assistance, stipends or scholarships on basis of their academic performance.
Sapporo Dental College has got excellent academic environment especially for the international students. Students from the countries like Nepal, India, USA and Australia had been enrolled in SDCH since its inception. International students not only adjust well with the academic and cultural environment of the institution but also do very well academically in the professional examination. The hostel residence, which is nearby to the college, is very secure and monitored by the college authority. Nevertheless, all the faculty and status of SDCH cooperate with the international students from the very beginning which eventually help an international student to cope up easily in a new country.
Sapporo Dental College and Hospital (SDCH) has begin a new era by starting post graduate facilities in the field of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery (OMS) I n 2016. Besides PGT training has also been started in Orthodontics, Prosthodontics, Conservative Dentistry and Oral & Maxillofacial surgery department
It is for the first time in Bangladesh, a non-government dental institution like SDCH has obtained prestigious recognition from Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons (BCPS) for conducting fellowship training in OMS at SDC hospital.
- ii) Post graduate training (PGT):
SDCH has also started 6 months post graduation training facilities for the future aspirants. Thereby create a huge opportunity for SDCH graduate and graduate from other institutions to do post graduate training.