Department of General Surgery
At the end of the course, the students should be able to:
- Develop the ethical approach to patient care
- Deliver safe dental service to the individual and community
List of competencies to acquire:
- Show cordial attitude towards patients, colleagues and stuffs
- History taking & writing
- Proper general, local and systematic examination
- Identify the common surgical problems.
- Consider the differential diagnosis and complications
- Request for cost effective and rational laboratory investigations and imaging
- Interpretation of investigation results of common surgical problem
- Provide first aid and refer complicated patients to proper centre
- Adopt universal precaution against HVI, hepatitis
- Describe knowledge & understanding about personal, staff and patient safety in ward, OT and OPD.
- Apply knowledge & understanding about sterilization, asepsis and infection prevention.
Prof. Dr. Syed Mahmudur Rahman
MBBS, FCPS (Surgery)
Head of the Department
Dr. Enayet Hossain Sarder