Department of Science of Dental Materials
This basic science course mainly deals with the Auxilliary, Restorative (Polymers, Metals, Ceramics & Resins) and Preventive dental biomaterials.
Mission and Objectives:
- The first objective is the development of an enhanced understanding of the atomic structure, physical and chemical properties of dental biomaterials and the correlation of these materials’ characteristics.
- The second objective of the course is the development of an understanding of how dental biomaterials behave in the clinical setting and which characteristics determine their selection and clinical application.
- This subject is dealing with not only physical, mechanical, chemical and biological properties of the materials used in clinical dentistry but also their interaction with other tissues (Biocompatibility).
- An understanding of these properties as well as their handling is critical to the selection of dental materials in the vast field of modern dentistry.
The team & Support:
- The department includes a team of experienced and dedicated faculty members.
- It also has a well-equipped laboratory where students can develop basic practical skills and get acquainted with commonly used dental materials.
To meet the world class education standards and facilitate knowledge at a professional level, the department acquires various teaching strategies like lectures on multimedia, video demonstration, small group tutorials, practical demonstration & practice and routine assessment tests.
Dr. ATIA ANJUM
Professor(Current Charge) & Head
Dr. NAHID AL NOMANN
Dr. NAHID AL NOMANN
Dr. MOHAMMAD MUSA
Dr. MD. JAHIRUL ISLAM
Dr. MD. JAHIRUL ISLAM
Dr. TANIA ZAMAN
- Preservation in Liquid Media Produces Alterations in Enamel Surface Properties; Atia Anjum, Masayuki Otsuki, Khairul Matin Junji Tagami; Journal of Dentistry 2009; 37(11): 884-890.
- Influence of aging on direct resin composite repair bond: Atia Anjum, Khairul Matin, Ryoichiro Uchida and Junji Tagami; Int Chin J Dent 2008; 8: 53-61.
- Role of nutrition in common dental diseases in rural Bangladesh. Hannan M A, Shahidullah K M, Khan M A, Anjum A ; Bangladesh Med Res Counc Bull. 2006 Aug; 32 (2):55-9.
- A Study of Periodontal Disease using WHO Community Periodontal Index of Treatment Needs (CPITN) in Bangladesh: Hannan A, Khan A I, Anjum A, Raihan M, Ahmed Z. Scientific report submitted to Bangladesh Medical Research Council (BMRC), December 2002.
- Relation of Chronic Inflammatory Periodontal disease (CIPD) with Oral Hygiene Status and Self Cleaning Habits. A K Joarder, J Haq, A Anjum; Bangladesh Dental Journal, vol 1.3, No.1. 1998.
- Mapping the mineral architecture in biofilm induced WSEL by SEM-EDS. Bangladesh Journal of Dental Research and Education 2011; 1(2).
- Effect of Cyclic pH Change on (Multi-species) Biofilm Induced Enamel Demineralization; an Assessment by QLF. A. Anjum, S. Sultana, MA Hannan, M. Otsuki, J. Tagami, Matin. J of Contemporary Dent Sci 2013; 1(1).
- Prevalence of gingivitis, plaque accumulation and DMFT among slum population – A cross-sectional study in Tongi, Bangladesh. MA Hannan, MTH Chowdhury, MAI Khan, AFMA Chowdhury, KM Shahidullah, U Habiba, A Anjum. J of Contemporary Dent Sci 2013; 1(1).
- Effect of of 4-META/MMA-TBB resin containing Calcium Chloride Dihydrate on Dentin Remineralization and Its Mechanical Properties. Nahid Al NOMANN, Shuichi ITO, Md Riasat HASAN, Youjing QIU, and Takashi SAITO.J Oral Tissue Engin 2019;17(2):43-52.
- Dentine Bond Strength and Remineralization Ability of Sealing Coat Material Containing a new Developed Adhesive Monomer. Motai Fumiko, Ito Shuichi, Nahid Al Nomann and Takashi Saito. The Japanese Journal of Conservative Dentistry” Vol. 58, No. 2 (2015)
- Laser Treatment Based on Minimal Intervention – “Bangladesh Journal of Dental Research & Education” NA Nomann, MR Hasan, AB Dithi, K Endo, T Saito. [ISSN: 2225-9015 (Print), ISSN: 2308-9733 (Online)].
- Oral Effects of Renal Disease: A Medical Problem in Dentistry – SZ Mahmud, MM Uddin, SZ Eusufzai, NA Nomann, SM Hossain, MA Tarafder, “Bangladesh Journal of Dental Research & Education” [ISSN: 2225-9015 (Print), ISSN: 2308-9733 (Online)]. Vol. 04, No. 02, (70-77) July 2014.
- Gingival Health Status among the Arsenicosis Patients, Rathindro Nath Sarker, Afroza Akter, Nahid Al Nomann, Md Zahidur Rahman City Dent. Coll. J; 10 (2): 22-26, July-2013.
- Amalgam and Composite Restoration in Posterior Teeth. NA Nomann, MAA Polan, CM Jan, F Rashid, A Taleb.Bangladesh J Dent Res & Edu; 3 (1): 30-36, 2013.
- Endodontic-Peridontal Interrelationship, A Phenomenon dealt with Dilemma: F Rashid, CM Jan, MAA Polan, NA Nomann, AJ Rashid, MM Zaki. Bangladesh J Dent Res & Edu; 3 (1): 36-45, 2013.
For further information please contact with the Admin of Sapporo Dental College.